This program offers exceptional inpatient care for adults recovering from surgery. Our dedicated team of rehabilitation professionals collaborate with patients and their families to devise an individualized treatment plan to ensure our patients meet their goals and achieve the greatest possible level of function and quality of life.
Our doctors, nurses and therapists have special expertise in the rehabilitation of patients following major heart, brain, orthopedic and spine surgeries.
Our program includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a board-certified physician specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, who will coordinate the patient’s care with an interdisciplinary team
- Intensive physical and occupational therapy aimed at improving the patient’s independence and mobility
- Compassionate nursing from RNs with experience caring for post-surgical wounds and preventing post-operative complications
- Therapeutic recreation to engage patients in leisure activities, plan and implement community outings, and to assist with adapting patients’ leisure and recreational interests when needed
- Evaluation for adaptive medical equipment and devices
- A multi-faceted approach to pain management
- Medical management of other health conditions with consultation services available from specialists from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- A discharge planning process that facilitates the patients’ return to home