This program offers exceptional inpatient care for adults recovering from strokes and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities as a stroke specialty program.
Our dedicated team of rehabilitation professionals collaborate with patients and their families to devise an individualized treatment plan to ensure our patients meet their goals and achieve the greatest possible level of function and quality of life.
Our program includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a board-certified physician specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, who will coordinate the patient’s care with an interdisciplinary team
- Intensive physical and occupational therapy aimed at improving the patient’s independence and mobility
- Speech and language therapy aimed at improve the patient’s ability to speak, communicate and swallow
- Compassionate nursing from RNs with experience providing care to patients undergoing rehabilitation following a stroke
- Psychology and pastoral services to assist with the adjustment process
- Therapeutic recreation to engage patients in leisure activities, plan and implement community outings, and to assist with adapting patients’ leisure and recreational interests when needed
- Evaluation for medical equipment and devices, including ankle-foot orthotics and walkers
- A multi-faceted approach to spasticity management, which may include injections with botulinum toxin or phenol
- Dietician services to ensure the patient’s individual nutrition needs are met
- Medical management of health conditions, including diabetes and high blood pressure, with consultation services available from specialists from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- A highly-rated educational program for stroke patients and their families
- A discharge planning process that facilitates the patient’s return to home and work