Assistant Professor, Medicine
Rajiv Thakkar, M.D., MBA, earned a medical degree at Gujarat University, B.J. Medical College in Ahmedabad, India. After undergoing additional post-graduate training there, he pursued a research fellowship in pediatric urology and cardiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. He also completed a residency in general internal medicine at Union Memorial Hospital. During his residency, Dr. Thakkar received the John K. Mulholland Research Award, as well as an award for the Best Scientific Poster at the annual American College of Physicians (ACP) meeting in 1999.
While serving as a hospitalist for Baltimore Medical System from 2001 to 2005, Dr. Thakkar conducted bedside teaching for medical students and housestaff, participated in research on portable echocardiograms and ran an outpatient minor procedure clinic. He joined CIMS in 2006.
Dr. Thakkar completed a Business in Medicine certificate program in 2004 and earned an MBA in medical services management in 2008.
- Gros DA, Thakkar RN, Lakshmanan Y, Ruffing V, Kinsman SL, Docimo SG. Urolithiasis in Spina Bifida. European J. Pediatric Surgery, 8: Supplement. 1, 68-9, 1998.
- Harrison RW, Thakkar RN, Senzaki H, Ekelund UE, Cho E, Kass DA, Hare JM. Intravenous Allopurinol decreases oxygen consumption and increases mechanical efficiency in dogs with pacing induced heart failure. Circulation Research, 1999; 85:437-445.
- Ekelund UE, Harrison RW, Shokek O, Thakkar RN, Tunin RS, Senzaki H, Kass DA, Marbán E, Hare JM. Preload effects contributes to the magnitude of cardiac output reduction due to Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitors and Phenylephrine. Critical Care Medicine, 2000, 28, 5, 1263-1268.
- Thakkar. RN, Popat. VB., Orbegoso. C. Right atrial intramural hematoma associated with aortic dissection. Southern Medical Journal, Volume 101, Number 11, 1177-1179, November 2008.
- Lee C, Chaleff S, Thakkar RN, Surer I, Baker LA, Docimo SG, Clements J. Use of an Artificial Neural Network to predict the likelihood of Upper Tract Deterioration in Meningomyelocele patients. Managing Information Technology Resources in Organizations in the Next Millennium, 1999 edited by Mehdi Khosrowpour, Idea Group Publishing, London, UK. Proceedings from the International Information Resources Management Association Annual Conference, Hershey, PA, 227-233, 1999.