Our angiography suite utilizes the most up-to-date technology with the digital angio unit. This allows for less contrast and minimum radiation exposure to the patient and gives the best imaging possible.
Angiography or angio/ interventional radiology procedures take place in the department of imaging at Johns Hopkins Bayview using our angiographic suites. There is no risk from anesthesia and hospital stays are shorter than in the past.
Procedures performed at Medical Center include invasive and non-invasive studies such as:
- Angioplasty: dialation of vascular narrowing or bypassing obstructed vessels
- Stenting: to keep blocked vessels open
- Percutaneous Drainage: fluid removal and obstruction bypasses
- Percutaneous Biopsy: surgery-free method of removing tissue specimens
- Intravascular Therapy: clot irradication drugs, chemotherapy
- Diagnostic Studies: angiography, mylograms
- Neuroradiology Studies: carotid stenting, coiling intracranial aneurysms, gluing of AVMs
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 410-550-5731.
Angiography Faculty and Staff
John Cavaluzzi, M.D.
Martin Auster, M.D.
Erich Lang, M.D.
Anthony Kam, M.D.
Gary Gong, M.D.
Jonathan Marx, M.D.
Robert Fuchs, R.T.