The department of clinical nutrition at Hopkins Bayview provides nutrition services to all areas of the campus. Departmental team members include clinical dietitians, clinical dietitian specialists, senior clinical dietitians and the director for clinical nutrition. The department offers comprehensive nutritional assessment, intervention and education to patients and families of patients admitted to the hospital, the Johns Hopkins Geriatric Center and those who visit the outpatient facilities at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Clinical staff of the department of nutrition are registered and licensed dietitians and members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, as well as the Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Many have advanced certifications in areas such as diabetes education and nutrition support.
The department of clinical nutrition:
- promotes individualized medical nutrition therapy in a multidisciplinary approach as a means to optimize patient care at Hopkins Bayview.
- prevents or minimizes the presence of malnutrition that often accompanies acute or chronic diseases.
- provides effective nutrition education to patients and family members in a variety of patient care settings.
- supports outstanding dietitians dedicated to providing optimal patient care.
- functions as an integral component of the Johns Hopkins Health System in support of education and research in collaboration with the Hopkins mission.
- provides ongoing education in all aspects of nutrition.
- serves as a resource to the employees and staff of Hopkins Bayview.
Department of Clinical Nutrition
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue, A Building, Suite 319
Baltimore, MD 21224