Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology
Areas of Special Interest
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Pelvic organ prolapse (including uterine prolapse, cystocele, rectocele and related conditions)
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Vesicovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas
- Minimally invasive techniques for gynecologic and urogynecologic surgeries including robotic and conventional laparoscopic procedures and pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Benign vulvar disorders including vulvodynia
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency in OB/GYN and Chief Resident, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine, Reconstructive Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Grace Chen, M.D., is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for the evaluation and treatment of women with gynecologic issues in general and specifically pelvic floor disorders. Well-versed in traditional surgical and non-surgical management practices, as well as innovative minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Chen is able to tailor her skills and expertise to provide each patient with individualized care and attention.
In addition to clinical and surgical responsibilities, Dr. Chen incorporates educating residents and fellows into her practice. She believes this not only sustains the future of gynecology, but also furthers the understanding of pelvic floor disorders. Dr. Chen serves as a mentor for gynecology residents and female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery fellows. She also has received several teaching awards.
Dr. Chen is active in scientific research, with a focus on the evaluation of surgical outcomes, the impact of obesity on pelvic floor disorders and pelvic floor surgeries, and surgical education. She has published several articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and authored book chapters. Dr. Chen actively participates and presents at national meetings of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Urogynecologic Society, Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopist and International Continence Society.
Contact Information and Appointments
Dr. Chen sees patients at Johns Hopkins Bayview and Johns Hopkins at White Marsh. To schedule an appointment, call 410-550-4406 (Johns Hopkins Bayview) or 443-442-2290 (Johns Hopkins at White Marsh).