Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Areas of Special Interest
- Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Voiding dysfunction
- Painful bladder syndrome (interstitial cystitis)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (including uterine prolapse, cystocele, rectocele and related conditions)
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Urinary and anal incontinence
- Pessary placement
- Minimally invasive techniques for urogynecologic surgeries including robotic-assisted laparoscopic procedures and vaginal-approach pelvic reconstructive surgery
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- M.D., Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois
- Residency in OB/GYN and Administrative Chief Resident Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM
As a new specialist at the Johns Hopkins Women’s Center for Pelvic Health, Dr. Fashokun brings expertise in diagnosing and treating pelvic floor disorders, especially urinary and anal incontinence, and painful bladder syndrome (interstitial cystitis). She has expertise in surgical and non-surgical treatment options for these conditions. Dr. Fashokun also specializes in reconstructive surgeries for pelvic organ prolapse. She offers minimally invasive techniques for urogynecologic surgeries including robotic-assisted laparoscopic procedures and vaginal-approach pelvic reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Fashokun is committed to the advancement of women’s health care and improving knowledge and understanding of pelvic floor dysfunction through research, education and patient care. She has received competitive national research grants for her interests in sexual function and activity in women with pelvic floor disorders, overactive bladder and lower urinary tract symptoms, including being named the 2007 recipient of the American Urogynecologic Society June Allyson Research Grant. In addition, Dr. Fashokun has received recognition for her research and teaching endeavors, including Outstanding Research Paper and Presentation by a Fellow, the Berlex Foundation Faculty Development Award, the Outstanding Fellow Clinical Teaching Award and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists/ Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) National Faculty Award.
A fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and member of the American Urogynecologic Society, Dr. Fashokun has several scholarly publications in national and international journals, including the International Urogynecology Journal and the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. She also has presented her research at the annual meetings of the American Urogynecologic Society and Society of Gynecologic Surgeons.
Contact Information and Appointments
Dr. Fashokun sees patients at Johns Hopkins Bayview and Johns Hopkins at Odenton. To schedule an appointment, call 410-550-4406 (Johns Hopkins Bayview) or 410-874-1455 (Johns Hopkins at Odenton).