Physical Therapist, Department of Rehabilitation Services
Areas of Special Interest
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Voiding and defecatory dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Certificate in Women's Health Physical Therapy, Texas Women's Hospital
- Completion of Pelvic Physical Therapy Level 1, 2, and 3 with Women’s Health Section of American Physical Therapy Association
- Certification in Pelvic Muscle Dysfunction Biofeedback, BCIA-PMDB
- National and State Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Section on Women’s Health, American Physical Therapy Association
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Invited speaker for the Florence Kendall Educational Program 2009
Laura brings a wealth of experience to the Women’s Center for Pelvic Health. She has been a physical therapist for more than 20 years and has specialized in pelvic floor dysfunction for 14 years. Laura is dedicated to educating the general public, as well as allied health professionals, about conservative management of pelvic floor disorders. She believes this population has been underserved and is committed to providing the highest quality of physical therapy care.
In addition to her clinical practice, Laura is involved with women's health research, is an adjunct professor at several physical therapy programs, and participates in community and professional education. She has authored a book chapter, a home study guide and several journal articles related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
Contact Information and Appointments
Laura sees patients at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. To schedule an appointment, call 410-550-0414.