Welcome from the Chairman
The department of surgery at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offers comprehensive surgical care, including specialties in:
- gastrointestinal and abdominal wall surgery
- trauma and surgical critical care
- surgical weight loss options for morbid obesity
- diseases of the lung, esophagus, chest wall, and pleural cavity
- open and endovascular surgery
- Johns Hopkins Vein Center
Our state-of-the-art facilities allow us to feature the latest in surgical technology, including videoscopic and minimally-invasive approaches to the treatment of surgical disorders and 24/7 emergency coverage of our Level II trauma center.
Clinical programs are complemented with a wide array of research activities, including studies on wound healing, tumor vaccine development, obesity and bariatric surgery, diabetes, glycemic control, endoluminal surgery, endovascular techniques, surgical outcomes studies and surgical (virtual reality) simulation.
Thomas H. Magnuson, M.D., FACS, Chairman
Department of Surgery
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Division of Surgery
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224